What is public liability insurance?
Whatever your business, whether you are a sole trader, limited company, freelancer, contractor or run a big organisation, it is important that you protect your business and members of the public. Public liability insurance can be crucial to protecting your business and your finances from paying expensive compensation and legal fees as a result of a claim made. If your business injures someone or causes damage to a property, then it is up to you, or your insurance, to pay for the cost of the claim and any related expenses.
What does public liability insurance cover?
For any business, whether you are a builder or party planner, painter and decorator or plumbing and heating engineer, web designer or scaffolder, photographer or tutor. Whether you work from your own premises, in a customer’s home or other premises then public liability is a necessary insurance cover to have to protect your livelihood.
Depending on the size and nature of your business you can change the level of coverage that you require from public liability insurance. Usually, coverage will be between £1 million and £5 million but may be more if your business requires it, for example for high-risk activities. This cover will help to protect your business from events beyond your control as well as if your business is responsible for an accident or damage.
Do I need public liability insurance?
If you run your own business and it poses a threat of injury to the public or a risk of damage to property, then your business may need public liability insurance.
Public liability insurance will usually cover a range of people within your business such as employees and partners, but will often have a limit on the number of people on the policy. To make sure your public liability insurance covers your business and all of your workers, then talk to the experts at Compare My Insurance to get the right level of protection in place for your needs.
Sectors Covered by Public and Employers’ Liability Insurance
Any business that deals with the public may need public liability insurance
- Compare My Insurance will save time comparing quotes for you
- One policy that covers all your needs that’s easy to manage
- Keep your building business successful
- Increase your cover options depending on risk
- Add employers’ liability to protect your workforce
- Keep your work safe and business covered
- Feel comfortable working in people’s home
- Give yourself protection for damage, accidents or mishaps
- Focus on your work and let Compare My Insurance find you the best quote
Plumbing and Heating
- Public liability protects your work wherever you are
- Compare My Insurance will find the right level of coverage for your needs
- Add employers’ liability to your insurance policy
Painting and Decorating
- Keep your business protected in the event of accidents or mishaps
- Give your customers peace of mind
- Have one easy to manage policy
What is employers’ liability insurance?
Your business is not only responsible for your customers’ welfare, but you are also accountable for your employees. It is now a legal requirement for businesses who employ staff to have employers’ liability insurance in place. Whether your staff are temporary or casual workers, contractors or employees, it is important that you have the right level of cover in place to protect both your workers and your business.
We at Compare My Insurance provide all customers with a minimum of £10 million coverage, to ensure your business is completely protected – however you can increase this option if required.
Employers’ liability is essential to cover the financial costs of compensation, and legal fees should a worker suffer from injury or illness as a result of your business, claims can be from both current and previous employees.Your business will need to have a minimum of £5 million of employers’ liability cover in place, as dictated by law but depending on the nature and size of the business, you may wish to increase your cover options.
We at Compare My Insurance provide all customers with a minimum of £10 million coverage, to ensure your business is completely protected – however you can increase this option if required.Once you have employers’ liability insurance in place, you must display it in your workplace as it may be checked by the Health and Safety Executive inspectors who could fine your business should it not be on display.
Why choose Compare My Insurance?
- Flexible policies designed to suit your business
- Up To £1m Public Liability Cover As Standard
- Low Policy Excess From Just £100
- 9 years experience providing thousands of customers business insurance
- We use A rated insurers to help you receive a quality of service if ever needed to claim