Catering Insurance Overview

For many events, outside catering is crucial. To make outside catering a success, insurance can be critical. Many firms will not use a catering company who does not have insurance. While it is not compulsory for catering companies to have catering public liability insurance, it is important to keep clients happy and to protect you and your business finances in case an unforeseen event or accident should occur.Whether your business is an ice cream van, snack food vendor, wedding caterer or film set and production canteen, your catering operational requirements need to be adequately protected by insurance that suits your needs. Public liability will protect your business from financial repercussions should someone claim against you for an injury caused by your business.

At Compare My Insurance, we can help you cover your buildings, contents and stock; we can also provide protection for your specific needs, including:

  • Public & product liability
  • Employers liability
  • Goods in transit
  • Deterioration of stock
  • Commercial vehicle

Receive your free catering insurance quote

To find out more about the range of catering insurance options Compare My Insurance can help you with or to arrange your free no-obligation quote, please get in touch with the team by calling 0333 344 3705.

What insurance do caterers need?

While we understand every catering business is different, it is important to have the essentials of catering public liability insurance in place to protect your business and for its future success. Any catering business will know that working with food can be a risky business and that you can be liable for a range of risks from food poisoning, burns, slips, trips and damage from your premises, whether that is a catering van or a marquee.

As catering can be fluid industry, we understand it’s important to give you flexibility within your insurance options. Depending on the season, you may need to add workers to your team which will mean a level of employers’ liability may be required at certain times during the year. At Compare My Insurance, we will help you to add aspects to your existing policy package with ease.

Other aspects may include catering equipment cover, to help your business to keep running in the event of damage to your equipment and machinery. You can also add hire equipment cover so that you pay for damage or replacement should an accident or mishap occur.

Why choose Compare My Insurance?

  • Flexible policies designed to suit your business
  • Up To £1m Public Liability Cover As Standard
  • Low Policy Excess From Just £100
  • 9 years experience providing thousands of customers business insurance
  • We use A rated insurers to help you receive a quality of service if ever needed to claim
Start Your Search

Our trusted partners include

Send us your message

For any questions please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you'd prefer to call the team

We can provide you with a quote tailored to your business needs and answer any queries you have.


We're proud to say we've won Awards for our service.

Providing great service and competitive rates has helped us win many repeat customers, whom we're incredibly grateful to. It's really nice to have been noticed by them and our industry peers.